We have big ideas and a big year planned in 2012. All of our events will be free or subsidised for students at the University of Melbourne.
- Women’s Action Collective (Mon 1-2pm in the Women’s Room, Union House) to get involved.
- FFFFILMS! – free films every second Thursday from 4:30. All welcome!
- Feminist discussion group, 1-2pm Wednesdays. Mary Cooke room
B, lvl2 Union House. All welcome!
- Girlzone – fortnightly hang out for queer, questioning, or curious ladies. Thursdays 1:30-2:30pm odd weeks, in the wom*n’s room (week 1, 3, 5, etc of semester).
- International Women’s Day: We’ll be having a special FFFFILMS! screening – Miss Representation, a film about the representation of women, teens, and girls in the media – Thurs 8 March, 4:30 in the Member’s Lounge, Ground Floor, Union House. All welcome!
- White Ribbon BBQ – UMSU Welfare, Education, and Women’s Departments will be hosting a free bbq, where people will be taking the White Ribbon Pledge in the name of reducing violence against women. Come along and get involved! Wednesday March 7 1pm. South Lawn, University of Melbourne
- Self-defence classes (subsidised!)
- Bike repair workshops. All welcome!
- Learn how to blog!
- Stitch’n bitch: hanging out and getting crafty. All welcome!