Thanks everyone for a great week! I’m going to try and do a semi-regular Link Share Goodness (which is just a collection of links to awesome/thought-provoking articles, pictures, quotes, videos etc from around the web) post again in 2012. Starting with this one!
Do you have Uni readings to do but want more interesting (and shorter!) stuff to read? Want something to read with a Sunday morning cup of tea – but not the crappy papers? Want to find great sites on the web writing about issues that are important to wom*n’s lives? Then yay link share goodness!
If you come across an interesting link during the week, post it in the comments or email to me.
- The Bigger Picture: What happens when we find ‘The Line’ as viewers? [warning – discussion of rape imagery in movies]
- The Body As A Canvas
- Fat Hungry B-tch: Feederism, Sexism and the Black Female Body
- FIFA takes first step towards lifting hijab ban for Muslim women soccer players
- Go naked; it’s good for everybody (but particularly for women) (Part 1)
- The gender agenda: Gillard and the politics of sexism
- “I personally prefer the classic term ‘strumpet’.”
- I Wear the Hijab… So?
- Just the Internet? Women’s Speech in the Age of Blogging
- Making your girlfriend feel inadequate
- Not Oprah’s Book Club: New African Fashion
- President Obama Speaks Out For Women
- Revealed: The best and worst places to be a woman
- Riot Police Arrest 31 Protestors against Forced Ultrasound: photos and video
- Sexual Colonialism and the Creation of the Asian Mystique
- Surge in abuse reports stretch crisis services to breaking point
- Those Girls
- Transgender Identities in an Age of Globalization and Colonialism (Part One)
- Was Thatcher A Feminist?
- Welcoming Intersections: How Pakistan’s Recent Changes in Civil Rights Legislations Bring Us Closer Together
- When anger is all I have and why anger is my feminist stand