Next FFFILMS! sessions:
- Thursday August 16th: Pray The Devil Back To Hell
- Thursday August 30th: TBC
/bech·del test/ n.
1. It has to have at least two women in it
2. Who talk to each other
3. About something besides a man
* Bonus Points if the women characters have names! *
We hope to achieve a few things through this, first and foremost it will be fun and a chilled way to hang out! It may also be a good way to encourage more people to get involved with the department. And of course it will generally draw attention to the fact that women are badly, mis-, or underrepresented in many movies, especially mainstream/ultramegablockbustercinemaplex films – you know the ones. And the problem is not limited to what’s front of the screen: there also is an obvious lack of womn writers, directors, sound engineers, gaffers, etc. Maybe, just maybe, these two problems are related?
Past FFFILMS! Screenings:
- Princess Mononoke
- Miss Representation
- Made In Dagenham
- Mona Lisa Smile (as part of Bluestocking Week)