Hi Everyone! Apologies for the lack of updates lately – I’ve been fluey all week, sadface. But anyway, welcome to all our new members/subscribers/hangers-outers/crafty people. It’s great to have so so many new people showing their interest and getting to know people through the department, whether it’s online (here on the website or on our facebook group), or in person in the women’s room or at some of our events!
Anyway, without further ado, here is this week’s Link Share Goodness – a collection of interestingness from around the web. Why do uni readings when you can procrastinate online??
- 5 Ways Modern Men Are Trained to Hate Women (take this with a grain of salt – funny but parts very underthought!)
- A brief history of breast enlargements
- Bike riding in traffic and women in academia compared
- Boys, men, patriarchy, and privilege
- Cancer’s not pink: women rebelling against breast cancer imagery
- Head covering as common practice
- Indonesia to make miniskirt wearing a porn crime
- Isabelle Caro, the face of anorexia, dies at 28
- New UK government campaign: ‘This is ABUSE’.
- Maxim’s “Cure A Feminist” Spreads the Sexism Even Farther Than It Dared to Hope
- PTSD: The pain of reliving trauma years after the event (This is a compelling reason for trigger warnings)
- Rethinking His Religion
- So, How ABOUT Those Hunger Games?
- The manly origins of cheerleading
- The Realities of Heterosexism
- The richer sex
- The weight-loss industry has no place in schools
- Time to lay responsibility at the rapist’s door (trigger warning for discussions about sexual assault)
- Visi(bi)lity: Bisexuality as Rebellion: Sexualizing Women’s Friendships
- Which Muslim Women Should Every Person Know?